Aperture is seeking a full-time graphic designer, to start as soon as possible, experienced in print and online design, to work with Aperture’s editorial and development staff to produce design projects, and run our design department, maintaining and enhancing the quality distinctiveness of Aperture’s brand, and communications language.
- Designing and overseeing book promotion materials, events calendars, exhibition invitations and signage, as well as evites, the program for our annual benefit, display and wall signage, magazine ads, and occasional book covers (requiring work to existing templates as well as original design work);
- Prepping files for print and transmitting files to printer and maintaining archives of all pre-press files and PDFs
- Managing design department workflow
- Managing print requirements for house materials
Assessing design work by outside designers, and proposing first class outside designers for Aperture to add to its roster; and
Managing and supervising an intern and a junior designer, as appropriate, to balance workload.
- Two to three years’ professional print design and production experience.
- Bachelor’s or other degree.
- Passion for Aperture’s mission.
- Knowledge of online design, website building, CSS, etc.
- Strong grasp of issues of contemporary photography and/or the arts a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and to thrive under deadline pressure.
Please send a resume, a link to your design work, and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current/most recent salary and/or your salary expectations, and how you heard about this opportunity, to email@example.com, using the following conventions:
Subject line: Designer
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO CALLS, PLEASE
Aperture is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please also state your availability for an interview on Friday 12 December. Please also note that this is a re-advertisement, where Aperture is reaching out to previous applicants who are invited to re-apply.