Aperture Foundation is seeking a full-time graphic designer, experienced in print and online design, to work with Aperture’s editorial and development staff to oversee Aperture’s brand, communications, house graphics, and various design projects (some handled in house, as part of the job, including by an assistant designer; others handled by outside designers). Part-time schedule may also be considered.
- Creating page layouts and design features on deadline;
- Managing design workflow;
- Designing and overseeing book promotion materials, events calendars,exhibition invitations and signage, as well as evites, the program for our annual benefit, display and wall signage, magazine ads, and occasional book covers (requiring work to existing templates as well as original design work);
- Prepping files for print and transmitting files to printer and maintaining archives of all pre-press files and PDFs;
- Managing print requirements for house materials;
- Assessing design work by outside designers, and proposing first class outsidedesigners for Aperture to add to its roster; and
- Managing and supervising an intern to balance workload.
- Bachelor’s or other advanced degree.
- Passion for Aperture’s mission.
- Two to three years’ professional print design and production experience.
- Knowledge of online design, website building, CSS, etc.
- Strong grasp on issues of contemporary photography and/or the arts a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and to thrive under deadline pressure.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, a link to your design work, and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current/most recent salary, and how you heard about this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following conventions:
Subject line: Designer
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO CALLS, PLEASE
Aperture is an Equal Opportunity Employer