- back to donate
- $500New Collector
Every year, Aperture Foundation serves an audience of one million people passionate about art and photography through its ground-breaking Aperture magazine, award-winning books, related traveling exhibitions, limited-edition prints, and public programs that contribute to and expand the dialogue on photography’s role in our society. Aperture Foundation supports and sustains innovations in the photographic medium and the work of both emerging and master photographers.
Revenues from Aperture’s publications and prints are not enough to maintain our high standards, editorial independence, and ongoing discovery of new visionaries making breakthroughs in the medium. Your contributions provide the essential resources that make our programs possible.
Join us with your tax-deductible donation to celebrate our place in the evolving narrative of photography.
All Benefactor level benefits in addition to:
- Special recognition as a Philanthropist member on the Aperture website and listing with top-level donors at the Aperture Gallery
- A choice of one limited-edition offering, each exclusively produced by Aperture Foundation: Paul Strand’s Near Rinconada, New Mexico, 1932, or Edward Steichen’s Brancusi in His Studio, Paris, 1925
- 20% discount on most Aperture limited-edition photographs
- Two artist-signed Aperture monographs, two complimentary publications specially selected from Aperture’s current book list, and Aperture Anthology
- All but $200 and the retail cost of the print is eligible for tax deduction.
* You will be contacted by the Development Office regarding the complimentary print options.
All Patron level benefits in addition to:
- Special recognition as a Benefactor member on the Aperture website and listing with top-level donors at the Aperture Gallery
- Reserved seating for book signings, lectures, and panel discussions, upon request
- 15% discount on select Aperture limited-edition photographs
- One artist-signed Aperture monograph, two complimentary publications specially selected from Aperture’s current book list, and Aperture Magazine Anthology
- All but $180 is eligible for tax deduction.
- Special recognition as a Patron member on the Aperture website and listing with top-level donors at the Aperture Gallery
- Invitations to private salon events with artists, scholars, and collectors, including exclusive activities at Paris Photo
- Invitations to private patron openings and exhibition walk-throughs with Aperture artists, curators, and authors
- Invitations to book signings, lectures, and panel discussions
- One complimentary publication specially selected from Aperture’s current book list, and Aperture Magazine Anthology
- One-year subscription to Aperture magazine
- All but $140 is eligible for tax deduction
All Associate level benefits in addition to:
- Membership to Aperture’s New Collectors Group—offering an annual calendar of members-only parties, meet-the-artist events, and first access to specially priced limited-edition prints by emerging artists
- A complimentary copy of Aperture Magazine Anthology
- 15% discount on Aperture publications*
- All but $30 is eligible for tax deduction
* some restrictions apply
All Friend level benefits in addition to:
- Acknowledgment in Aperture magazine
- Copy of Aperture Anthology
- All but $30 is eligible for tax deduction
All Supporter level benefits, in addition to:
- Aperture at Sixty commemorative tote bag
- All but $10 is eligible for tax deduction
Supporter level benefits:
- Invitations to all exhibition openings and public programs at Aperture Gallery in New York City
- Fully tax deductible
Share your love of photography by giving your family and friends a Patron or New Collectors membership— and let them enjoy a year-long series of exclusive events, complimentary publications, and special discounts, among other privileges.
Contact our Development Office for details.
Gifts of Marketable Securities
A gift to Aperture Foundation of appreciated securities may provide tax advantages. When you transfer ownership of long-term holdings to Aperture, you may be eligible to receive a charitable deduction for their full market value—and incur no capital gains tax (subject to applicable IRS rules and regulations). You should always consult with your financial advisor before initiating a charitable gift arrangement.
Please contact the Development Office to receive instructions on how to make a donation of marketable securities.
Include Aperture Foundation in Your Will
Express your commitment to Aperture’s legacy by remembering Aperture Foundation in your will. You may name Aperture Foundation as the beneficiary of a percentage of your estate, of a set dollar amount, or of a particular asset. Your estate is entitled to an estate tax deduction for the full value of your bequest to Aperture Foundation.
Another possibility is to name Aperture Foundation as a contingent beneficiary of assets you have designated for a loved one, should that person no longer be alive at the time of your death.
If you wish to benefit Aperture Foundation through your will, our Development Office and your attorney will discuss with you the best way to realize your goal.
For any questions or if you prefer not to donate online, please contact the Development Office at (212) 946- 7108 or firstname.lastname@example.org