Aperture is Hiring: Web Developer, iOS Apps and Website
Web Developer, iOS Apps and Website
At an exciting moment in its move into digital storytelling, the Aperture Foundation is seeking a talented, creative web developer to be responsible for iOS app development and general web support. This position will be responsible for working with the internal creative team to develop a series of iOS-based apps related to ongoing projects. Although this position focuses on building apps, the developer will also assist with website development needs as time allows. The ideal candidate should enjoy building digital tools for a cultural audience, and must also enjoy working in a small, close-knit team in our busy New York office.
This is a hands-on development position. Ideal candidates should be innovative, flexible, and self-directed; show a willingness to share, discuss, and brainstorm ideas; and enjoy writing code, solving problems and working/communicating with coworkers. Knowledge of Magento and WordPress preferred.
- Lead development of iOS-powered applications
- Work with the editorial and creative team to develop digital applications that best support the organization
- Set standards and best practices for development
- Stay aware of the latest and upcoming Apple and web technology
- Create clean, well-documented and optimized, error-free code
- Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs
Experience and Skills:
- Experience developing with iOS technologies, including submitting apps to Apple
- Appropriate knowledge of Objective-C, Cocoa, iOS, CSS, HTML, and/or other languages as needed
- Experience developing applications and renders from Photoshop PSD files
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously under varying deadlines
- Approach technical challenges with an open mind and a desire to innovate
- Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment
- Interest in and/or experience with photography, New York cultural institutions, and art-related events is preferred
- Knowledge of Magento and/or WordPress preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Web Developer in the subject line. Please no phone calls.